Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Turn-Over of Drifter 25


22nd of June 2014
Grashaven, Hoorn
The family's first visit on the harbor, where Drifter 25 is docked

"and I shall watch the ferry boats, and they'll get high, on a bluer ocean against tomorrow's sky. and i will never grow old again and i will walk and talk, in gardens all wet with rain…"
― Van Morrison

On the job, Friday morning 04.07.14 ,  finishing a deadline to have time for Drifter 25 over the weekend.

Picture sent to the wife via FB to get details I needed for editing
The castle, where I work. 
Friday, late night,  still in the castle.

Excited for Saturday's turn-over of Drifter 25!


An old picture of Drifter 25, "Petroesjka",  as she was named
photo courtesy of N & M, the former owners

Initial impressions I shared on my personal Facebook account, after my first moments as owner of Drifter 25: 

Sat July 5th. Today, rain made N  and I take shelter in the boat while he handed it over to me. 

I felt a trespasser on someone else's boat until I started cleaning and inch by inch became it's owner and Hoorn showed a smile when the sun came out from behind the clouds.

We will take good care of her, M (better half of former owner).


Blue water is calling. 
Clouds and a lot of wind, 
didn't scare the sun today. 

Drifter 25 "Petroesjka"'s wide hips. 

She looks small next to the two master on her port side, 
which is at least 44 feet.


Picture I took of the boat, when I arrived at the harbor, 
while waiting for N to arrive for the turn-over

Sailboat Selfie, I promised the wife, 
after the turn over of Drifter 25.

Special finds inside Drifter 25 
thanks to the generosity of the former owners.



 Click on image for a bigger, 

more detailed version.

 Here we all are, official owners of a sailing boat!!!

WE can't wait to sail with Drifter 25, and get to know the town of Hoorn, where we will be docked for the season!





No comments:

Post a Comment